Wheelock’s Latin seventh Version (The Wheelock’s Latin Collection)
points - Particulars)
latin grammar ebook Features 2020:
For practically sixty years, Wheelock’s Latin has remained the optimus liber of starting Latin textbooks.
When Professor Frederic M. Wheelock’s Latin first appeared in 1956, the reviews extolled its thoroughness, group, and conciseness; one reviewer predicted that the ebook “would possibly nicely turn out to be the usual textual content” for introducing college students to elementary Latin. Now, practically six many years later, that prediction has actually proved correct.
This re-creation of Wheelock’s Latin has the entire options, a lot of them improved and expanded, which have made it the bestselling single-volume starting Latin textbook:
- 40 chapters with grammatical explanations and readings drawn from the works of Rome’s main prose and verse writers;
- Self-tutorial workouts, every with a solution key, for unbiased research;
- An intensive English–Latin/Latin–English vocabulary part;
- A wealthy number of authentic Latin readings—not like different Latin textbooks, which include primarily made-up texts;
- Etymological aids, maps, and dozens of pictures illustrating points of the classical tradition and mythology offered within the chapter readings.
Additionally included are expanded notes on the literary passages, feedback on vocabulary, and translation ideas; new comprehension and dialogue questions; and new genuine classical Latin readings, together with Roman graffiti, in each chapter.